Saturday, November 20, 2010

November 20, 2010

It is just past 10:00pm and this is the second day that I have not gotten out of bed – or washed either. Yikes! What has become of me? (Ha, ha) A drugged, slovenly old lady!

I’m kidding – well mostly. It has actually been another busy day. I worked on my Wisdom phone list this morning, responded to e-mail and made some calls. Between lunch, dinner, pain breaks and mutual naps Mike and I worked on the presentation we will give to video game developers next Tuesday. Throughout it all there have been talks and explorations – ranging from funny to emotionally intense - of Inclusion, WPIT, Laser Eagles, the design of a good interactive presentation, how we will organize ourselves, what inspires us and frightens us – a strong flow of interchange.

Mike has been at work for some 10 days on www.wpit.org. It has to be a working website by Tuesday evening for the students who design video games. It will be.

There are some strong similarities between my time with Mike and the more than a year with Gabor. Mike wants to know, wants to drive Inclusion and WPIT, wants to read the years of writing I have done, wants to push me! Gabor was and is very different, but he continuously caused me to examine and expand the metaphors through which I think about Inclusion and all that I am trying to articulate and create.

Mirror, mirror on the wall! Often people meet me (or anyone) as if what you see is all there is or was or will be. It is an inexpressible joy to be met as an unfolding mystery, with depth and untapped directions to grow into.

The question of my legacy is often on my mind. When I am with Mike and Kimberly I feel a direct connection to a distant future that I will not personally be present in. This is a profoundly satisfying work to engage in.

Throughout the day I searched out old documents and PowerPoint slides. I saw that just nine years ago World Peace was not something I thought or wrote about. Not so very long ago I had not imagined the BMX Model of Inclusion. I was still working on articulating Giftedness and personal support. I have fundamentally altered my direction between then and 2008. This realization takes some power away from the metaphor of 30 year cycles that forms the basis of these writings.

Even seven years ago there was no painting and peace activism. At that time I began to engage in an intensely explorative and creative time – a six year span from 2004 to 2009 – ages 54 to 59 in chronologic time.

This was the time I also engaged in the Landmark Education Wisdom Unlimited course, Partnership Explorations, Power and Contribution in which I invented World Peace through Inclusion, and several Year End cruises, seminars and teleconferences about discourses. I also was and am still on the Toronto City Team – the group of volunteers who work with the Landmark Education headquarters, consultants and staff to produce the Wisdom Unlimited course in our area.

I transformed myself and my creative nest has been the transformational work supported by Landmark Education.

It’s funny to look back this way because I have felt that I was “me” all along. Without reflection I would have said that I had changed, but not THAT much. Now I see that Judith took some fundamental shifts – in particular I have moved from being a rights and services advocate to being an artist and peace worker.

This seems to be akin to moving from caterpillar to butterfly. And now this beautiful creature is laying her own eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment